Iran's Guards Warn of ‘Harsher Revenge’
The new head of Iran's Quds Force said he would continue the course pursued by his predecessor, Qassem Soleimani, who was killed in a US drone strike in Baghdad last week.
"We will continue in this luminous path with power," Brigadier General Esmail Ghaani said, noting that Iranian missile strikes carried out on US targets at a base in Iraq on Wednesday would eventually drive America out of the region.
Abdollah Araghi, a senior Revolutionary Guards commander, also said Iran would take "harsher revenge soon" after Tehran launched the missile attacks on the US targets.
Tasnim news agency quoted Araghi speaking after US President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that Iran appeared to be "standing down" after the missile strikes that did not harm any US troops in Iraq.
In a separate report, Tasnim quoted the deputy Guards head, Ali Fadavi, as saying Iranian missile attacks on US targets were a display of Iran's military power and said US forces "couldn't do a damn thing."