Saudi Crown Prince Condoles Trump over Florida Shooting
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, offered on Sunday his condolences to US President Donald Trump over last week’s shooting at a US Navy base in Florida.
In a telephone call with Trump, Crown Prince Mohammed offered his condolences to the families of the victims and hoped for a speedy recovery to the injured.
He also assured Trump that Saudi authorities would offer their absolute cooperation with the US and provide all information that would help the investigations.
Investigators believe a Saudi Air Force lieutenant acted alone when he killed three people and wounded eight at a US Navy base in Pensacola, Florida, before being fatally shot by a deputy sheriff, the FBI said on Sunday.
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz, had said he directed Saudi security services to cooperate with US authorities investigating the shooting.
He telephoned Trump last week, expressing "his sorrow and grief" over the shooting.
The King assured him that the "perpetrator of this heinous crime" does not represent the Saudi people.