Iran Says Ready for ‘Any Scenario’
Commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps said that his forces were ready for “any scenario.”
General Hossein Salami said Saturday that his forces have carried out a "war exercise and are ready for any scenario."
He was speaking during a ceremony showing pieces of the American drone shot down by the Guard in June.
He added: "If anyone crosses our borders, we will hit them."
"Be careful, a limited aggression will not remain limited. We will pursue any aggressor,” he remarked.
His comments came as Riyadh and Washington accused Iran of being behind last week’s attack on two Saudi oil facilities.
The United States on Friday imposed a new round of sanctions on Iran, some aimed at its central bank and sovereign wealth fund.
"This is a sign of US desperation ... When they repeatedly sanction the same institution, this means their attempt at bringing the Iranian nation to its knees under 'maximum pressure' has failed," Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif told reporters in remarks shown on state television.
The fresh sanctions target the Central Bank of Iran, which was already under other US sanctions, the National Development Fund of Iran - the country's sovereign wealth fund - and an Iranian company that US officials say is used to conceal financial transfers for Iranian military purchases.