UAE Minister Says Aramco Attack is ‘Dangerous Escalation’

Tuesday, 17 September, 2019 - 12:00
Asharq Al-Awsat

United Arab Emirates State Minister for Foreign Affairs Anwar Gargash condemned on Tuesday the attack against Saudi Aramco oil installations, deeming it a “dangerous escalation.”

“Citing the war in Yemen to justify the terrorist and unprecedented attack on the Aramco installations is completely rejected,” he said in a tweet.

Every Arab and responsible country in the international community must rightfully stand by Saudi Arabia and the security and stability of the region, he added.

Gargash had previously stated that the terrorist attack “targets us all”.

The UAE realized early on the nature of the looming challenges and responsibly chose to side with Saudi Arabia, he stressed, saying Riyadh and Abu Dhabi share the same fate.

The Saudi Foreign Ministry had on Monday said it will invite international experts including from the United Nations to take part in investigations into the attacks against the Aramco oil facilities in Abqaiq and Khurais.

It vowed that the Kingdom will take “all necessary measures” in wake of the investigations in order to ensure its stability and security.

Preliminary investigations showed that Iranian weapons were used in the attack, it added.

The ministry said the attack above all targeted global oil supplies and called it an extension of previous hostile acts against oil pumping stations in May.

It called on the world to condemn those behind the attack.

Read More ...